Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Sewing & gardening .....when children sleep!

The kids spring/summer wardrobe expansion continues, I made these pants for Adi, the pattern was cut from a favourite pair of pants Max had. The cut is really good so I'm about to attempt to re-size the pattern to fit Max (any tips welcome). Of course the photo was taken after she wore them to playgroup....they are covered in food & a bit of pen ink.....the fabric (from an old curtain) is great for hiding a days play.


I made them so they will fit for a while, she needs the cuff turned up at the moment (to ensure a sufficient quantity of sand makes its way home from playgroup). This really was the best photo I could get of her wearing them.


Adelaide went to bed at 9am and she is still asleep 3 hours later! This is an all time record. While I did plan to go out & get some things done this morning, I used the time to get some gardening done, for my records I planted out snowpeas, more poppies, lettuce & weeded the garlic.

The plumber also came this morning to move the plumbing in the laundry. My parents arrive back on Monday - in a helicopter - Max is almost beside himself with the anticipation of it. They have kindly offered to install the IKEA cupboards we have had downstairs for about 2 years (perhaps even longer!) I'm imagining not having to fight my way into a tiny room to put a load of washing on.

Summer is just around the corner, I know this not because of the weather lately but because the visitors are starting to arrive.....another good reason for some Spring cleaning (so we can fit them in!)

2 comments:

simplelife said...

Love those pants. What is it that stops us from wearing great stuff like that as we get older? Maybe it's only me who has stopped! Wish I could sew and had the courage to make and wear something like that.


cheers Kate

66 Stitches said...

These pants are delightful. i love the fabric. Well done ofn the freezer paper stencil above. It's great.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...