Monday, September 15, 2008

Spring cleaning, spring gardening, spring sewing...

Sounds like I've been busy doesn't it........while I've done bits of all these spring activities, I'm way ahead on the writing-lists-for-spring-activities than anything else!

I've been doing quite a bit of sewing, Etsy orders, summer clothes for the kids, summer clothes for myself (or at least finding the Amy Butler Barcelona skirt I started last summer!), gifts for friends, Christmas gifts.......

Max has taken a greater interest in sewing since spying this lurid "construction" fabric at Spotlight....he is majorly obsessed with diggers at the moment so I bought some of it (he has never asked for a specific fabric before) & we cut out some summer PJ's for him. The fabric is so busy it reminds me of something our vet would wear...I assume to hide any gross animal splatters. I've only made the pants out of it, with a digger ready to be sewn onto tee. No doubt it will be good for camouflaging the weetbix splatters.


Finding decent fabric for boys clothes can be a real struggle. It drives me crazy that not only do Spotlight pretty much have a monopoly in Tasmania (except for some great quilting fabric shops) but they stock horrendous fabric for boys (see above!) especially the insidious military/camouflage type fabrics. This is my excuse for scouring op shops for fabric & ordering fabric online. I was excited to see the latest Echino cars fabric......


Some of this is flying to me as we speak (I hope). It reminds me of the cars on this poster that I collected mainly because I loved the red, white & black with the cars (I drove a Valiant pacer for a time in a 'former' life)


I had planned to plant out some seedlings today but the wind was bordering on gale force so I settled into some weeding while Adi slept, Max played in the sandpit & garden. The chooks were very pleased with their mountain of weeds to scratch through & I was able to see that not getting to mow the lawn on the weekend was actually a bonus as last nights rains made today perfect weed pulling weather.

After all that sickness a while back it was nice to have more music & dancing creeping back in over the past week. We have had a couple of dance evenings with Max on his ukulele, Tim on guitar, Adi on the baby piano or harmonica, me on tambourine (I missed the musical gene) & Scissor Sisters on the stereo.


Max has since been setting up a little one-boy-band.....



With the occasional bit of help from his sister (& whoever has been selected for a go in his baby-back-pack).....


Now if only I could show as much interest in getting our tax returns done as these two showed in Tim's superannuation statement tonight!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Isn't it fun when your children want to sew with you! I so agree about the boys fabric in SL - hideous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...