I rarely leave an op shop without an old sewing pattern, consequently I have suitcases full of them. (I'm about to do a sort & purge.....I'll post some pictures so if anyone wants them I can send them to you.....I'll try to get sorted for next week). Considering how many patterns I have I find using them frustrating most of the time as the sizing is so CRAZY! I made this little simple dress for Addie on the weekend, I was thinking as I cut it out "it looks a bit big" but it was a 1/2 (that's half!) size & she was asleep so I couldn't check.
By the time I had sewn it up I knew it was too big. The strange thing is it fits Max, so a size 1/2 fits a boy who wears size 3 clothes!!!! I'll find another home for the bird dress. I ended up doing what I nearly always do & cut a pattern from something Addie already wears. I used this op shop tablecloth (they wash well & even if they have a food stain, they match everything else in the kids wardrobes!)
This is what I ended up with....the buttons still need to be lowered to give a better fit & I'll change the pattern slightly before I make it again.
I did manage a bit of work in the garden, mostly transplanting sunflower seedlings.....nothing that will feed us! But I've joined in with Bellgirl who is having a Veg about....not sure exactly what that means but the fact I'll need to post pictures of Vegetable means I'd better plant some in the garden!