Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Sewing for boys

It seems easier to sew for Addie sometimes, the plethora of patterns & fabric. While I try to avoid the stereotypical pink girly clothes for her (even though these are by far the thing I sell the most of!) Max now has an aversion to anything overtly floral (such a shame) & just says "it's for Addie". But this week I decided to finish off a few unfinished 'Max projects'. With both the kids sporting runny noses I decided to skip playgroup today, so I got started on Max's pile of WIP. The first to be finished were these jeans.


The only thing 'jeansy' about them is the fact they are made of denim (great for summer) . But now that Max can man-handle the toilet step/seat into place on his own & reach the bowl I don't need to accompany him to the toilet all the time. Normal jeans are just too difficult for him to get off on his own so for the next while if it isn't elastic waisted, he doesn't wear it. He gave them a good work out this morning; making playdough, playing with playdough, some earthworks out in the garden & a jump on the trampoline (all supervised by me through the window while at my sewing machine)


I've had 5 pairs of jocks cut out for Max for a while now, I finished these pair off to see if they would still fit him. The fabric was in a $1 bag of remnants I got from Spotlight a while back. The pattern is slightly modified from Ottobre 4/2004. I made a pair ages ago & perhaps I'll bring out the coverstitch machine to finish off the rest as it gives a better finish....but really who am I kidding, they are undies after all!


Although in our house that doesn't mean they are hidden under clothes, especially if your mad mother makes you jeans just as the summer weather arrives!

6 comments:

Bellgirl said...

great jocks! do you have a pattern? i'd like to make some summer jammy pants for my Bug.

It's definitely harder to make boys' clother, because you can't make cute little pinafores and shift dresses. With Boys it's all sleeves and crotches. Men! ;)

goooooood girl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Heart Felt said...

Love the pants. Thats one of the things I need to make with the great big wad of fabric I have! xx

2paw said...

Boys' clothing is much harder, I agree, but those jeans are great and I really like the rock'n'roll undies!!!! A model's life is a hard one it seems.

leslie said...

the jeans are fabulous! love the little details. and nice work with the undies - what an industrious and talented mummy!

Bird Bath said...

great job! those boys clothes rock...esp the jocks

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...