Friday, November 7, 2008

Pinnie project

So this was another wee frock made for Addie recently, the pattern is getting closer to how I want it, although I did have to use studs after not adding the extra length for buttons at the shoulder. The studs make it much easier for dressing a wiggly 1 year old & would work well if I made the dress reversible. This fabric was a little piece picked up at the op shop for 50c.


In fact a reversible dress would be good for those occasions your brother volunteers you to be face-painted (after chickening out himself) & you've eaten half a watermelon!


I'm off to do a bit more snipping to make a few more Addie frocks for our summer holiday, perhaps something with a cap sleeve to protect our Tassie winter skin.

6 comments:

Joanne said...

Very cute! The fabric is beautiful too. Just a thought- you could make button loops out of fabric, ribbon or elastic if you run out of room for buttonholes.

Grove Designs Co, aka Kriskropmemories said...

Love it, the fabric is wonderful!

Hoppo Bumpo said...

Its a great pinnie. I really like the fabric you have used. I hope its the sort that watermelon stains come out of easily!

pen said...

i love the pinnie, i made a few for s when she was 1 and put a few bigger ones away for when she was older. now i wish i'd given them away as they just hang in the wardrobe and s decides when, if and what she will put on and it still takes 40mins of tears from her and me, then it's still a grubby too-small tshirt and her brother's shorts. oh well. i can always sew for other little girls!

Juddie said...

great fabric - just perfect for this little dress!

Bellgirl said...

Ah, the cuteness! Its pinnies like this that make me want a little girl. We often have that watermelon issue, and I tend to get some fallout even if I'm on the other side of the kitchen- perhaps I could make a pinny for me?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...