Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sunday Stash - piles & piles

Now I realise that's not the best title for a post when you are 27 weeks pregnant but today I've been struck by the little piles all around our house at the moment, it's not all fabric or crafting things, there is lots of seasonal fruit that needs to be dealt with. I'll start with the crafty piles...

Who would have thought more buttons would be required in this house, but after winning this tin full of vintage buttons at the auctions recently I've had a nice time with Max starting to sort them into colours......


Some of the larger buttons are beautiful & I'm dreaming up lovely little winter coats ...


The fabric pile is slowly shrinking as I start to wash & sort it out......


I picked most of the apples from our tree yesterday, I'm not sure what sort they are as it was supposed to be a winter cole pear! They are probably a Granny Smith..........


And make nice pies (well a cheating sort of pie that helps use up the stewed plums in the fridge)

The tomatoes have been dismal this year, except for these....Siberian Cherry Tomatoes from the diggers club (I bought them as seedlings in Big W of all places). They are the only ones ripening up well and are probably destined for pasta sauce.


The year is getting away, quinces are already ripe! We picked this box up from a friend yesterday & are thinking of what we are going to do with them....


Tim started on the first stage (of the first batch) of quince paste last night, this will "soon" (after MUCH stirring) be a deliciously dark red paste.....the magic of quinces. That's 8 quinces down.....about 40 more to go, I predict the Fowlers kit will be back in action this week.


And the neighbours tree is dripping pears so at some stage we will have to gather some of those as well before the birds eat them all!

More fabric stashes to check out over here thanks to Tamara

7 comments:

Lulu said...

Angie, you HAVE been busy!

Debs said...

Ooh, Yum, how delicious, eye candy and tummy candy !

Lisa said...

Gorgeous buttons!!! I have lots (but you can always never have enough!). Great cooking too...

Kate said...

The fruit and vegies look great - especially that pie!

I Love Baby Quilts! said...

That plum apple tart is gorgeous! I want to eat it!

Joanne said...

Love the buttons. It took me a second to get the line about piles ;-). One of the pregnancy side effects that I managed to avoid!

Linda said...

wonderful glorious buttons!!! The fabric in your last post is amazing especially the barkcloth!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...