Monday, March 2, 2009

These days

I read this post a couple of months ago and I have read it many times since.

Kate's words have captured some of my feelings about life since I began this whole other world that is mothering. As Max approaches his third birthday and with the knowledge that soon I'll be mother to three children I take solace in knowing I'm not the only person who has these feelings.

And now (while Max 'dries' my hair with his Mobilo hairdryer) it is time to resurface, go and wake Adelaide, have lunch together, clear the lounge room floor so the expected student doctors can make their way to the lounge & find the child health records to visit the child health clinic this afternoon. On second thoughts the student doctors are coming to learn about children & families so I'll leave that Mobilo all over the floor & they can fight there way through like I do.

2 comments:

Joanne said...

Beautiful! (Kate's post) That's how it is for a while. On call 24/7, never knowing anything for sure except that you will be interrupted. I developed a three minute concentration span myself so that even if I suddenly found myself alone I couldn't focus on any one thing.
And I like the way she said that it doesn't mean its bad. Black and white. Because you do take pleasure in the tiny things, being so close to your children day and night. And its not complaining to say its hard. Just truthful.
I like to think if I had a third (not likely, lol!) I would do it all a bit differently. Live purposefully in the moment and not worry so much about all the things I'm not getting done. But I won't be testing the theory.
Hope all is going well for you so far :-)

Hoppo Bumpo said...

Ah, Kate's post is so eloquently put. Its hard to imagine that most of us mums (if not, all) wouldn't be familiar with some - or all - of these feelings.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...