Thursday, April 23, 2009

Creative Space - portable

I have a friend (& her 2 boys) staying at the moment so everything is very squishy & most of my sewing projects have had to be made portable. I've pinched the kids shopping baskets to store the things I'm currently working on....I'm trying to squeeze in as much as I can as I have another market coming up.....a busy couple of weeks ahead!

In the baskets at the moment are:

  • bibs....using scraps of Echino fabric & a recycled towel as the backing
  • trying to decide which buttons for the blue poppy dress
  • finishing off the yellow flower dress for an order (I love this old curtain fabric & will make one for Adelaide as well......the yellow seems right for the beautiful Autumn light we have been getting)
  • more car pants for the market


And then there is this, a new pin cushion, nothing fancy, made with Max while Addie slept, so much better than the old one!



More creative spaces over here.

5 comments:

CurlyPops said...

That pincushion is adorable... I'm loving the bib fabric too.

edward and lilly said...

I love that echino fabric so much, your bibs are so cute in it.

Great pin cushion!

Lucy Bowler said...

Had to laugh at your portable creative space as I coined mine 'mobile' this week - I think it's important to have that portability/mobility so we can cope with things like visitors or wanting to create on the go. I've commandeered one of the kids' small backpacks for the vest I'm knitting and have been prancing around with it - watching tv, going to the playground and doing a spot of knitting in bed!

Kirsty said...

I love the poppy fabric. I had a poppy skirt when I was small - I loved it.

Sherrin said...

Those clothes are gorgeous. I'm really loving what I see of your work.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...