Thursday, April 2, 2009

Creative Space - VERY last minute gifts

When I sat down to make some pencil rolls the other day I got all distracted & decided I actually NEEDED to make some more WIP storage bags......


This lot was made with thrifted zips, some Spotlight plastic (that currently our dining table is wrapped in to save what is left of the teak table top), some bias tape & an old red cotton sheet from the bundle of fabric mentioned in last weeks post.

What this really means though is that now I have to quickly make 3 birthday gifts tonight for a party tomorrow! Got to go & get cutting!



More creative spaces over here

Edited at 9:30pm:

....so instead of whipping up those presents I realised I had been putting off making Adelaide's promised rainbow apron for far too long already. When she spied the fabric (an old curtain) she was very excited & said with such anticipation "Addie apron, I help" (repeated about 8 times), Max wandered over from his mobilo play & added "Good boy mum". What else could I do......


It was put straight to work, especially in combination with her "new" chopping knife (just like her big brothers). Excess zucchinis in the garden?? There's no such thing at our house with 2 little "choppers" at the ready.....


So there are no handmade gifts for tomorrows party but one very happy little girl in our household.

10 comments:

Courtney said...

ohhhhhhhhh fancy wip bags!!! Im always looking for somewhere to put my mass amounts of projects lol
xx Courtney

Tweed Delights said...

So much in your lovely post to comment on!! The rainbow apron is fab - she must be delighted! : )

Joanne said...

Those WIP bags are such a great idea! I have a large pack of jumbo zip lock bags left over from when I was in business. They are great for large WIPs like quilts and knitting. But yours would be wonderful for small projects.

Christie said...

OMG that apron- beautiful- is that fabric vintage?

those WIP bags are a great idea too, i need some of those!

Kirsty said...

The apron is gorgeous! She's cute as a button.

amity ville boronia said...

that apron would look great on me, if it was about 5 times bigger... :)
I love your WIP bags.

Michelle said...

Gorgeous apron - super cute model!

Kym said...

She looks so cute in her apron! How could you possibly resist her request? I love that fabric too.

PlanningQueen said...

The apron is so cute. wish I could just whip up things like that!

Cassandra Allen said...

Your kidlets are gorgeous and the kids clothes you make simply adorable. Have bookmarked your etsy site, maybe one day I will have a little bean of my own.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...