Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My Creative Space

This was last nights creative space...the dining table once again. I got this lot out to fill in time while the bread was baking....I've just started baking sourdough bread regularly again. Tim is/has gone gluten-free and now makes his own bread, so the amount of bread we eat has dropped off a bit. Sick of breadmix loaves or sliced bread from the supermarket I'm finally back to delicious sourdough again.

What's in the picture though.....starting from the the top left & going around;
  • finishing off some scooter dress orders
  • a freshly cut little dress in this great poppy print to test the pattern size (this was from the inherited stash mentioned here)
  • some stripey autumn pants for Max (fabric from same place as above)
  • the start of some bread bags, after seeing these beautiful ones I was inspired to make some for our bread. Mine will not be as pretty but I hope they will be as functional & help put a dent in the box of old calico flour bags I have!

And then this morning I got to finish off the first prototype bread bag, it fits our loaves & looks better than the old & tattered brown paper bags I've been reusing forever.

I pinched a few of the kids wooden blocks to make these 'stamps' to add a quick label on the back. The stamps are just foam stick on letters so not mirror images, it kind of works for certain words! I plan to get some real stamps to stamp the next bag with the bread "recipe" so it is always at hand.


For more creative spaces click click click.

10 comments:

edward and lilly said...

I love the bread bag and your ingenious use of the kids' blocks to make stamps, brilliant!

Kelly said...

I love homemade bread and I love the bread bags! I will have to make some. Sunday is bread making day at our house. ~Kelly

unDeniably Domestic

MissyP said...

Misss Productivity you are! Looks like you're having lots of fun. Love the bread bag idea, not to mention the sound of your sour-dough bread. YUMMMMM.

amity ville boronia said...

I love the poppy fabric, I think they're a gorgeous design element :) And I think that your bread stamp looks awesome the way it is! It's kooky, but still readable. A perfect combo!

sophie said...

Those fabrics on your table are so beautiful.

The bread bag is so gorgeous too.

Michelle said...

Snap! I have been using my Kialla flour sacks for bread since reading Amanda's post! I'm so happy to find a use for mine (and ditch the same said reused brown paper bags). Although I haven't stitched them yet....

I did see a girl at the eco store recently with a frock made entirely out of kialla sacks - very cute!

Your bread looks very delicious.

Gina said...

So I'm thinking there's a bit of a market out there for those bread bags. Totally cute. And recycled, yay!

Gina said...

Hello again, just realised you're Taswegian. I'm in Taroona next week with the family - we're down a couple of times a year visiting the out-laws. Any must-visit crafty/arty/eco stuff? How about the Salamanca markets? I love insider knowledge!

Kelly Fletcher said...

That poppy fabric is great. So are the bread bags. Thanks for the great idea.

pen said...

i love all this! what's your sourdough starter recipe?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...