Thursday, May 28, 2009

Creative Space - not recommended in front of the TV

The baby doll production continues.....

I've managed to cut Max's doll out but haven't started sewing him yet.

I was feeling like things were moving in the right direction with Adelaide's doll when I sat down to hand-stitch the legs on last night. I thought I'd have a break from the kitchen table & do it while watching TV......only to discover when I held baby doll up that I had just stitched the legs on back to front!


Despite feeling like throwing the monkey-faced-crazy-legged creation in the corner and going to bed to finally get the rather ordinary day over with I persisted, unpicked & re-stitched. Baby doll is now just a monkey-faced creation & I'm going to head into town now & buy some felt to see if a baby will emerge with the addition of eyes and mouth.

Go and see the talented Kirsty for a peek into others creative spaces.

16 comments:

Michelle said...

A face makes a huge difference - it is like seeing a whole little personality emerge.

Linda said...

can't wait to see him finihsed he won't be monkey like at all

Selina said...

he's coming along very well!

Lauren said...

Oh I've done that too!! He does look lovely. I'm looking forward to seeing the face :)

Bek said...

I think the little monkey head is very cute! Nice and 3D. He will look even better with a face. (I've sewn legs on backwards more than once)

Lulu said...

Yep, me too, backwards.

Gina said...

Hmmm. Strikes me that making a baby doll is almost as fraught with challenge as birthing one!
OK, SO not true - I just haven't made a baby of the doll variety!! Five weeks hey? Exciting times...

Kirsty said...

So frustrating. I'm not so hot with the multitasking. I have to concentrate on the job & just listen to the TV.

Melanie said...

i dont know why but i love dolls with no faces so even though your doll isnt finished to you I can see it as complete. Odd, I know, oh except for the nudiness lol

woollywotnots said...

Your doll is so cute already! I can't wait to see it all finished.

Lucy Bowler said...

Oh that persistence thing, it will get you there in the end, won't it?! Glad you kept going and really, you'll be able to sew in front of the tv again, if it's like my place, it will be the warmest part of the house!

c.raf.t said...

I somehow managed to sew while I watch tv and "read" books to my daughter (she points to drawings and I tell her what they are)..I still don't have a clue how i can do it..but I suppose it's the craft craving time that gives me extrapowers!

Alison said...

We have all been there!

midge said...

i feel your pain. many is the time i have made similar mistakes whilst distracted by some riveting yet mindless t.v.

littlelovelies said...

i've done silly things like that too - can't wait to see him finished!!!

p.s. I am hosting a giveaway for a beautiful handmade ceramic item donated by 'love grows by giving' - you can enter here.

x nadine
little lovelies

M* (Melanie) said...

I'm glad you are still going with this. I can't wait to see it finished

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...