Thursday, May 21, 2009

Creative Space? What space?

Nothing feels very creative around here at the moment, just BUSY trying to create space! I've spent the week attempting to:
  • sort & store away the kids clothing; dragging out baby gear, packing away toddler stuff. This is one of those jobs I really dislike. The only positives (besides having some clothing for when our baby arrives) seems to be the bags of stuff I've put aside for friends expecting babes & those taken to the op shop! I've yet to work out a great system for storing the kids clothing, I'm always finding gear that I forgot about that is already outgrown.
  • moving everything out of the "sewing room" again. I really should give up on calling this my room as it really is for visitors and considering we always have a constant stream of them I rarely get to actually use it as a sewing room! I did manage to put this rail up in the room (something I'd been planning to do for ages). It's handy for hanging crafty gear while also being useful for guests to hang their clothes & towels.
While I was at it I put one up in the hallway. Living in a small house means every space is gradually being colonised for some sort of storage solution!

  • finshing Etsy orders. The dress above and these bloomers (to go with one of these pinnies). I'm about to close up the Etsy shop for a while as it is getting too hard to find the time to get orders done with everything else going on.

  • I did manage to sew up these pillows as a wedding present for someone Tim works with. I never seem to tire of this lovely print by Australian designer Kristen Doran.



  • All the cleaning did unearth that lost sleeve from back here. With some divine intervention I'll find some time to sew it on soon.
More creative spaces over here.

20 comments:

englishrose said...

Such lovely thing in your photos! I love that Kristen Doran bird print too. And I am just in love wih that little dress and bloomers, divine!

Kirsty said...

I LOVE the rail.

Gina said...

I'm in awe of your beautiful stuff. The rails are a great idea...

M* (Melanie) said...

the rail is a great idea! And the bloomers!! If only adults could get away with wearing bloomers! They will look gorgeous with their matching pinnies.

Tania said...

I have thoroughly enjoyed popping around for a visit. Lots of serious crafty goodness and the dress and bloomer set is a beauty!

Tania said...

I have thoroughly enjoyed popping around for a visit. Lots of serious crafty goodness and the dress and bloomer set is a beauty!

handmaiden said...

live the bloomers and the cushion

Michelle said...

All such gorgeous things - those cushions are lovely, it is such a a wonderful print. And the rail, I love the rail too! You are one accomplished lady!

Bek said...

all of these things are adorable. I love the rail idea. We are in a little house too.... hmmm where can I put a rail? I love the motor bikes on the bloomers. My little girl loves motorbikes.

Lucy Bowler said...

Did you really say nothing felt very creative this week as it certainly looks like it is! Just sorting out all of that stuff takes an amazing amount of creativity (and head space!) and managing a smaller house requires much creativity (and patience!). Thanks for calling by my own small creative space this week - re: the gocco - I used the machine itself to print these fabric strips. You need to put a strip of newspaper (the same size as your fabric) underneath the fabric so the ink doesn't get on your gocco pad. I will do a post about it over the next couple of week, so keep an eye out!

Leslie said...

I have yet to figure out a organizing plan for my kids clothes. As hard as I try it's always a bit of a disaster. I love the rail, it looks amazing. And seriously those bloomers are just fantastic! Great fabric choice.

rabbit and the duck said...

The rail is such a clever idea : ) And yes, I wish I could get away with wearing bloomers like those!

Cindy said...

Glad you found the missing sleeve. Can't wait to see it finished.
Glad to see that their are others feeling equally spread thin

Christina Lowry said...

Naughty little sleeve you have been caught!

I am in love with that cushion.

The rail ia a wonderful idea! Now, where can I fit a rail....
:)

amity ville boronia said...

The wall rails are a fantastic idea. If only I didn't rent.... :(

Anonymous said...

"colonised"--love that!

Jessi said...

that scooter material is stunning. who makes that one?

Your bits and pieces are all beautiful. Those cushions are an amazing gift.. what a lucky bride and groom!!

:) x

Jenifir said...

It looks like a lot of creativity was accomplished. The rails are great as are the bloomers. (Melanie check out BitterBetty for adult bloomers). I use large plastic storage tubs for out of season cloths and when they were little a trundle drawer under the bed. It was still a pain though.

Michelle said...

I am glad you found the missing sleeve - things like that drive me nuts.

Bird Bath said...

hooray for the sleeve turning up! It sounds like you have had a very creative time organising - the rail is a brilliant idea. It's those types of things which help boost your creativity.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...