Friday, May 8, 2009

Rocketships

It started with this little bit of 'fluff' (polyfill) found on the floor at Spotlight, carted around for the rest of the morning with constant talk of all the things we could make with it. Max decided it was just right for a rocketship when we got home and in the interim it could be snow in the back of his tip truck (an op shop find, also carted around all morning).

When we got home I remembered this op-shopped single curtain. I had planned to make a pillow case & actually probably still have enough left over to do so. Out came the scissors after the PERFECT rocketships were selected....
More fill was found (this is the last of some polyester quilt batting offcuts I bought from reverse garbage 6 years ago....did I mention I rarely throw anything out?)
Sewn & stuffed (wow....these things really take a lot of stuffing....I was thinking of getting some wool stuffing to have on hand but I'll need quite a lot if I ever get around to making 'softies' again). Besides being hit in the eye by a flying rocketship (which I suspect was actually from Tim's over-zealous testing) they have been a roaring success.....BLAST OFF!

3 comments:

pen said...

these are great, ideas that grow and grow are the best :)

Kat said...

What a great idea! I have a bed spread from a car boot sale with animals on it that I could do the same thing with.

Bird Bath said...

what an awesome idea! I bet they could fire up a little boy's imagination....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...