Thursday, May 14, 2009

WANTED: scapegoat


I seem to be constantly losing things at the moment!

I want someone to blame but of course it is me doing most (all?) of the misplacing.

For instance the sleeve to this dress...it's all I need to finish it off, I had it in my hand not 10 minutes ago, I went to get a drink and someone took off with it!


I go through this so many times each day at the moment, eventually it will turn up in the compost or veggie crisper (already looked there tonight). This is my reasoning for having 4 pairs of sewing scissors, 6 elastic bodkins, 3 quick unpicks.......the list goes on.

Unfortunately I don't have enough left over fabric for another little sleeve so this poor thing will just have to wait patiently until the lost part is rediscovered, then I might even iron it (although that might be getting carried away a bit!)

6 comments:

willywagtail said...

3 unpicks are not enough!!! Goodness me. All those little gremlins running around in our sewing rooms!

Alison said...

That little dress is lovely, I really hope the other sleeve shows up! The only other hope is to take that one of and have a different fabric, cute either way!

Gina said...

Yep, in my neck of the woods we call it 'Pregnesia'.
That dress is so lovely.

2paw said...

I think that Losing Things Affliction cames with age as well. I am alwasy doing the same thing. I have my knitting or whatever I am stitching In My Hand and then the next second it's gone!! The dress, even semi-sleeved, is lovely!!!

Bird Bath said...

hope that sleeve shows up...the dress is very sweet.

midge said...

That dress is so lovely. I am tempted to offer helpful advice like my mother used to such as, "where were you when you last had it", or "try retracing your steps", but that would be so ANNOYING. So, i will refrain. Good luck with the hunt.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...