Thursday, June 25, 2009

creative space - the closest I'll be getting to a cocktail in quite some time


Has it really been 2 weeks since I posted? I've not been busy having a baby, perhaps just trying to get my mind ready for a little babe.

Whatever it was I have been doing, it has not been overly creative. I didn't really go into super-cleaning mode for my first 2 children so I'm not holding out a lot of hope this time around. I tend to get preoccupied with creating more storage space, or some minor renovating projects. Thankfully my mum arrived about a week ago so there is a reasonable amount of cleaning going on (you should see how clean my windows are now!)

I've been working on setting up a better computer space/desk. While I do have a laptop it's not really portable as the battery has never worked in it since we were given it. As I'm planning to be living vicariously through others creative endeavours for a while, I wanted somewhere a bit less squished-on-the sideboard and more this-is-where-the-computer-lives.

So this was my other auction purchase from 2 weeks ago (conveniently mentioned in the last post)....a cocktail cabinet.


Once we got it home, I removed the shelves & took to it with the hole-saw drill bits....to allow all the cables that drive me crazy & tangle around each other endlessly to be hidden in the belly of cabinet. As luck would have it the printer fits in the lower cabinet.


And the laptop fits perfectly in the cocktail section, I can even pop it back in while still on & close it up to avoid the kids launching weird programs I've never heard of!


Given the only space for this was in our room, I wanted it to be easily closed up when not in use.


The only give away is the various computer cables & paraphernalia that have taken over my never-worn-dressing-gown hook.


For real creative spaces, click over to Kirsty.

11 comments:

sophie said...

what an awesome idea, looks so cool!

Kylie said...

It looks fabulous! Just that perfect blend of funky and functional - you've got a cool space here. :) K

Leslie said...

I love that piece of furniture. So cool and I'm sure it's nice to be a little more organized.

Gina said...

What a wonderful find Angie. I love it, and I love how you've organised it. I like the wooden fruit touch too! It is good to be able to close away the technology, especially if it's in the bedroom.
Kids launching weird programs made me laugh...

Little Snoring said...

Hi Angie,

Just discovered your blog. I love the computer cabinet and no reason you can't stash a few cocktails in there as well!

Hope to see you at the next market... best Edwina

CurlyPops said...

That's the coolest computer desk ever!
You might even be able to stash a little alcohol behind the laptop (just in case).

Kirsty said...

Eeek...I love your cocktail cabinet!

Michelle said...

Fabulous idea! It look fantastic! I'm always look for ways to hide that spaghetti junction of cables.

I can't believe you use power tools - is there no end to your talent?

Leonie Guld said...

Perfect!! It looks fabulous.

Love Sundays said...

Looks fantastic, I love that style of furniture, well done

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

That's a great idea! I haven't had the cleaning-nesting bug either, but rather the madly organising things into spaces. How much longer do you have left?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...