Thursday, June 4, 2009

Creative Space - pajama-rama


With this sort of fog greeting us in the mornings lately, and given our propensity to stay in our pajamas until said fog lifts I decided to expand the PJ wardrobe. Given the success of this previous pajama sewing effort (made from thrifted flannelette sheets).....

.....and the fact I found a pair of these at the op shop last week


I decided to make some matching PJ's for Adelaide & I (and of course some for the new baby doll, she is nearly done....just can't decide on what to do for the face!). Here is Adelaide's doll sporting the new dress also picked up from the op shop last week.


One very pleased little chickadee, asking for some same jammies for "Macky" & "daddy"


Mine are also done, except for the waistband.....


...for obvious reasons!The rest of the house is covered in offcuts, pattern pieces & fabric as I finish off sewing for my last market before maternity leave (my little joke!). I'm hoping the weather will improve a bit for The Beach Market this weekend so people will be inclined to head out (rather than stay at home in their pajamas like I would on a winters morning). My favourite dress made for this market is this one, which I'm kind of hoping will not sell so that Addie can grow into it....made from a vintage (i.e. op-shopped!) tablecloth.



P.S. no hearts hidden around here, be sure to check out other creative spaces this week over here with the talented Kootoyoo.

21 comments:

Kirsty said...

I LOVE your PJs. The girly ones are super cute.

Cindy said...

pj's a very sweet - would not have realised the obvious reason for no elastic if it wasn't for that side on pic - great bump!

Leslie said...

That fabric is just perfect! And I can see why you want to keep hte dress, so cute.

Kylie said...

Love the PJs! Beautiful space - thanks. K

Katy said...

Wat an awesome idea - Pj's from Op Shop Flannie sheets - i am going to give that a crack! I have a serious lack of winter PJ's. Thanks!


That little dress is gorgeous too...

Leonie Guld said...

What a find, Gold!! I love it how you are all matching.

Linda said...

what a fab idea for the sheets I LOVE them and I am in my pjs waaay too much too they are so comfy. The dress is gorgeous!!!!!

Sarah said...

So cute, family pj's!! Can't believe you made so many. Good on you. Love that dress too. Maybe you should keep it, you will hate to see someone else take it home.

Gina said...

Angie, everything you make is touched with gold. And your fabric-finds, I love them! (Perhaps we just share a love of vintage sheets and tablecloths!). Plus I can't believe how not pregnant you look from front on...
On another note I need some tips on making wide-leg pants for kids with no pattern. You seem to do it. Suggestions? Perhaps this is an email-worthy conversation...

Joanne said...

Great pj's and isn't it just pyjama weather!
That dress is adorable.

CurlyPops said...

I love the fact that the whole family can have matching pj pants. How cool!

Lucy Bowler said...

Great jamies and I love your tummy, how beautiful! You can't tell at all front on, so it's good to see the side-on view. You do have a hidden heart, you do, hidden inside your tummy! Perhaps you might have to edit your post and fess up!

kellie said...

Lots of lovely orange there to brighten up your foggy mornings. PJs and winter ~ is there a better combination.

littlelovelies said...

I am LOVING your new flannel pjs - how sweet is that rose pattern! I'm very jealous of you and now need to make some for myself!

x nadine

Michelle said...

LOVE those PJs!!

It was rainy here in Canberra today, and I stayed in my PJs until lunchtime. And only got out of them because I had a lunch date!

Cosy said...

I love your little poppets' jammies.

Aren't tablecloths the best? The best way to get fab colour and design in a nice big piece of fabric.

Carolyn

rachel said...

i just ordered a pattern for pj's and i can't wait to start sewing! i live in my flannel pj's, and i want to make matching ones for the household, too. yours are very cute, and look quite comfy!

Michelle said...

The pjs look fantastic. What a great idea to make them from old flannel sheets. The baby doll looks great too.

13mimosa said...

the doll looks great - what about a face from these dolls - http://bamboletta.com/ - I think it would go well...

13mimosa said...

Look how gorgeous and slim you are - just with a big tummy out the front. I love that - I was one who wanted to share the love, so my bum and thighs got in on the action too!

becclebee said...

i love seeing things made out of old op shoppe goodness - well done!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...