Monday, June 29, 2009

Quilt your house...........

..........and other things to do while waiting to meet your baby

According to a scan done months ago I'm due to have a baby on Thursday. I've penciled it in my diary but after being induced twice already I'm not so sure this is the week. It is perhaps time to start the acupuncture, bumpy rides (my sister suggested sitting on the washing machine!), long walks, etc...


Since my parents arrived the jobs on our list are being rapidly crossed off. We have had a busy couple of weeks -


1.
The insulation for our ceiling arrived.....the rain delayed the installation so we had a well insulated deck for a while. Wrapped tightly in these bundles are batts of polyester insulation very much resembling quilt batting (very THICK quilt batting)

Finally the skies cleared and the quilting began....

It has made a big difference to our house, in terms of the amount of time we need the heater going, so check out if you are eligible for the Government rebate. Note: Polyester insulation will cost you more than fiberglass insulation so the rebate may not cover the full amount. Even if you are not eligible for the rebate this insulation is a great idea.

2.
Thanks to my Dad the castors have been replaced on the beds in Max & Addie's room, saving the floorboards and making the beds easier to make - yes Tim that is a joke!


3. The mending pile is slowly shrinking


4. The lawn has been mowed, ready now for more regular trims with the flymo.


5. The hedge has been trimmed. This is by far the straightest our hedge has ever looked! I'm no fan of this hedge but I must admit it has not been as hard to manage as I thought it would be when we bought the place. Max also found a bird's nest in it so we look forward to seeing who the owner is if they return in spring.



Max, the ever willing worker suited up in the most useful piece of clothing we have for this time of the year (and yes I know they only go up to a size 18months.....lets just say they stretch!)


6. The rats have been evicted from under the wood pile down the back of our place....no photo for this job, just many thanks to my Mum for cleaning it all out!

7. I managed to re-acquaint myself with the gocco & get some printing done for a swap I signed up for ages ago (when June seemed SOOOO far away!) I'll be posting them tomorrow....only 10 days late!

8. The ceiling hooks have been repositioned & the hammock hung, so really there is no reason for this baby to not want to come out!

12 comments:

Kylie said...

This all sounds so beautiful - family around you, jobs getting done...! Have a wonderful week - rest and dream :) K

Gina said...

Hmmm, clearly the way to get things done is to have another baby. I'll get onto that... tee hee.
William (2 and a bit) is spending half his time in a hand-me-down kathmandu jumpsuit too. Aren't they fabulous?
Gocco prints look awesome. I'd so love a gocco. But I'll put that on my 'dream about waaaay later' list!

Leonie Guld said...

Wow, thats nesting on a grand scale. Good luck with the bub, I hope its kind to you upon arrival ;)

Kat said...

Wow it looks like you have been really busy. I hope that the baby has a safe arrival into the world.

Little Snoring said...

Hooley dooley, talk about busy. It really is turbo nesting - lucky you have some help...

Bek said...

I'm impressed by all the action going on at your place! I love your baby hammock, it is just lovely. And the jumpsuit- so snuggly looking!

I wonder if your baby will decide to come on time just to shake things up a bit... my 2 were nearly 2 weeks late, so if there is a next time I will not be taking my due date very seriously!

PS thanks for the comment on my new jeans skirt. I have worn it more than anything else since I made it! What did I wear pre-skirt?

Bek said...

i'm looking at your hammock again- is it a bassinet type thing or a grown up hammock? either way it's cool!

pen said...

some a great team of helpers. i love hammocks. that little clothesline has really come in handy :) thinking of you on thursday.

Cindy said...

I hope baby has decided to come since everything is looking so lovely for the arrival - good luck

13mimosa said...

Hoping we hear news of he/she soon - you busy bee!

Nikki Cardigan said...

Hi Angie... I found you thanks to Gina at Clutterpunk. I'm guessing that your new family member has arrived. I hope you are all well.

I look forward to reading along with you... and wanted to say I LOVE the repairs you did on the pants!!

Gina said...

Hi Angie, just popping back to say I've given you a blog award - not so you need to go pass it on, but just to let you know I enjoy reading! Anyway, hope you're off having that 3rd little red button... thinking of you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...