..........and other things to do while waiting to meet your baby
According to a scan done months ago I'm due to have a baby on Thursday. I've penciled it in my diary but after being induced twice already I'm not so sure this is the week. It is perhaps time to start the acupuncture, bumpy rides (my sister suggested sitting on the washing machine!), long walks, etc...
Since my parents arrived the jobs on our list are being rapidly crossed off. We have had a busy couple of weeks -
1. The insulation for our ceiling arrived.....the rain delayed the installation so we had a well insulated deck for a while. Wrapped tightly in these bundles are batts of polyester insulation very much resembling quilt batting (very THICK quilt batting)
Finally the skies cleared and the quilting began....
It has made a big difference to our house, in terms of the amount of time we need the heater going, so check out if you are eligible for the Government rebate. Note: Polyester insulation will cost you more than fiberglass insulation so the rebate may not cover the full amount. Even if you are not eligible for the rebate this insulation is a great idea.
2. Thanks to my Dad the castors have been replaced on the beds in Max & Addie's room, saving the floorboards and making the beds easier to make - yes Tim that is a joke!
3. The mending pile is slowly shrinking
4. The lawn has been mowed, ready now for more regular trims with the flymo.
5. The hedge has been trimmed. This is by far the straightest our hedge has ever looked! I'm no fan of this hedge but I must admit it has not been as hard to manage as I thought it would be when we bought the place. Max also found a bird's nest in it so we look forward to seeing who the owner is if they return in spring.
Max, the ever willing worker suited up in the most useful piece of clothing we have for this time of the year (and yes I know they only go up to a size 18months.....lets just say they stretch!)
6. The rats have been evicted from under the wood pile down the back of our place....no photo for this job, just many thanks to my Mum for cleaning it all out!
7. I managed to re-acquaint myself with the gocco & get some printing done for a swap I signed up for ages ago (when June seemed SOOOO far away!) I'll be posting them tomorrow....only 10 days late!
8. The ceiling hooks have been repositioned & the hammock hung, so really there is no reason for this baby to not want to come out!