Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Born into stripes


Leo Francis

After 2 weeks we have settled on a name. We have not spent the time arm-wrestling for naming rights, rather we have been watching this little baby unfurl. He seems to have changed so much already. Maybe it is the knowledge that Leo is our last baby or just the fact he is the third child ( & I'm still in shock of going from one child to two!) but I seem to be taking the time to savour all those baby moments.

Leo has of course inherited a cupboard full of striped clothing (the photo above hints at my subconscious predilection for striped clothing, I didn't even notice until I looked at it on the camera)

The hormones have caused some amnesia as I've started a few knitting projects, a vest for Max, and a cardigan for Leo. I should just concentrate on getting the cardi finished so he gets to wear it as I cast on a newborn size. I'm also fudging my way through the patterns as I've never really learnt to 'read' knitting patterns, if I can't figure out what the pattern says I refer back to the pictures & try to make it look the same.......not a tactic I've had much success with to date! But it's something I can do while feeding (along with reading countless stories) and I do a fair bit of that at the moment.


Tim took Max & Addie camping last weekend, there was lots of rugging up, walking.....


possums......
waterfalls......

and all those other good things that only Dad's let you do.....

So here we are 2 weeks later, a family of five, out-numbered by the small folk and seemingly destined to never get a decent photo of all of us together at any one time!

17 comments:

Jo (sparkly green knickers) said...

Welcome to Leo!

and I love the stripes!!

Kat said...

What a gorgeous name. Welcome Leo! I found when I first started knitting that the net is a great source of help when learning to read patterns. You can get a list that tells you what all the abbreviations like ssk and kfb mean then youtube has videos aswell that teach you how to do these things.

Gina said...

Leo is beautiful, and what a great name - I love Frances too, and the combination.
I must say that you look absolutely beautiful too, in that last picture.
It's so fabulous that you're already back into various projects, although how you knit while you feed is beyond me!!! Very inspiring.

Gina said...

PS my verification word for the last comment was 'hyper' - ha ha, hope Leo isn't!

Leonie Guld said...

Just Brilliant!! Hi Leo, welcome to the amazing outside world!!

Michelle said...

Being married to a Leo I can say they make great blokes. Top name. And love the family portrait - too cute!

dillpickle said...

Leo is a lovely name, and stripes are great ;-).

I would like to know how you manage to feed and knit at the same time. I am so not co-ordinated enough to do that!

Anonymous said...

Distinctive! And three letters like Max.

Little Snoring said...

Cute litte Leo. Lovely to have some wintery time with baby and knitting needles.

Polka Dot Daze said...

Welcome Leo!

Kate said...

What a wonderful name!

Kylie said...

Welcome Leo! Gorgeous name :)
Loved that photo of the kids on the car - just classic! Reminded me of my childhood :) K

ada sunday said...

Sweet name. Cherish those early days.

Heart Felt said...

Wonderful name....love it (it's been on my short list for a few weeks, but I'm having a hard time to convince my husbands)

Welcome Leo, you are a very lucky boy. xx

Christina Lowry said...

Gorgeous Leo! What a darling name you have and a darling family too.

I remember being able to do things while I was breastfeeding. Now Cohen is 7 months old I can't, as he grabs at everything and pops off, has a look around and then hops on again, numerous times during a feed! :)

13mimosa said...

He's beautiful, gorgeous name and so nice to see you in the flesh too!

Liesl (Hoppo Bumpo) said...

He's a little darling in his stripes. What a great name. Congratulations!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...