Thursday, July 9, 2009

Creative Space - scones and soakers


I hope this babe is not waiting for warmer weather.....we have had terrifically white, cold & frosty mornings lately. I'm starting to feel I'll be pregnant forever! Even 2 days without a working car battery did not bring on labour.

So today I cut up an old woolen jumper to test a soaker pattern, but really the sizing must be wrong, these look way too small - compared to the size of my belly! I plan to make more but perhaps I'll see how these fit first (I know I'll probably never get to the sewing machine again after bub appears, but I can pretend)



Meanwhile the small folk & I have been on morning tea duty


To keep the workers going.......


More spaces over here.

10 comments:

june at noon said...

What a cute soaker! I was just starting to love these when I stopped cloth diapering my daughter.

Kirsty said...

The soaker looks great & just about new born bottom size to me. Hope your babe doesn't wait too much longer.

Gina said...

That bottom will be smaller than you think! (Haha, just noticed that the verification word is 'bumett' - yes, your bubby will have a bumette!)
It's so exciting AND frustrating to wait for a baby. Come on, little button!

Lauren said...

Awww... its so little!! Its so hard to imagine that big round belly turning into something small and cute and wriggly with tiny toes and bottom ;) Hope your little one chooses its birthday sooner rather than later. My babes take their time too and that last week or so is so hard!! x

Leonie Guld said...

You must be the best oven!! That baby is so thrilled to be in there all tucked up in the warmth. Maybe a cold shower could bring the little button out!!! Good Luck, Hey those bic's look super yummy!!

Christina Lowry said...

Isn't waiting the worst part! I was so anxious to meet our baby and it wasn't until the 11.00 night of my new date that contractions started. I had tried curry, a glass of red wine etc etc and in the end we had gone for a huge walk that afternoon and climbed up a hill on the way home. It may have helped! I know they come when they want to and everyone told me to rest up before the big event, but I couldn't, I just went craft mad. Best wishes and I hope you aren't waiting too much longer! :)

Tricia (Little eco footprints) said...

That soaker looks so cute and teeny! I'm making some soakers and longies out of old wool and fleece jumpers myself this wekend....

Enjoy the waiting :-)

amity ville boronia said...

Yum, I love scones!

Bird Bath said...

cute!
wishing you all the best for the exciting times ahead :)

Lee Beth said...

Hello. Just checking out new blogs and really like yours. Feel free to come check out mine if you'd like. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...