Monday, July 6, 2009

still waiting.......


We are still waiting........no sign of this babe wanting to make an appearance as of yet.

An eviction notice is about to be served, via the acupuncturist's needle....we shall see!

In the mean time the jobs on the whiteboard are being crossed off at a rate of knots! While I would like to take some of the credit for this, the reality is, it is nearly all due to my folks who (with help from Tim when he is around) seem to whip through tasks that have languished on the whiteboard for months (if not years!)


I've not been a total task-master and Mum & I managed to fill the back of the car with goodies at the opening of a local op shop last week. In amongst the haul was an office chair for sewing (no more scraping the chair across to the overlocker & back) as well as this great tin for storing buttons in.


Despite having a dress to finish for a friends niece I've put my efforts into finishing off a stack of baby bloomers that I cut out ages ago. These are going to be so useful for a winter baby that I'm hoping at this stage is a boy (purely because we have no girls' name selected!)


I've even been forced to start tidying up our bedroom (also home to the sewing station, computer cocktail cabinet and various piles of sewing paraphernalia!). Adelaide has been helping out this morning in her newly discovered 'baby' bonnet which according to her is a "cooking hat"

15 comments:

beccasauras said...

Ooh, thinking of you!! Will send some midwife-y vibes. Rebecca's a good name, don't you think? haha.
PS Please post address where gifts can be sent, for us waiting and crafting away.

Cindy said...

I was so excited when I saw you in my google reader, I thought exciting baby news. You are obviously just doing too good a job making little one very comfy.

pen said...

adelaide looks like a little girl now, even in her bonnet. my two have been calling MY baby bonnets pixie hats for a few years and still squeeeeeze into them. from mothercare in london in the 60's. love that whiteboard, i want and need one! lots of luck with that baby.

Michelle said...

I've been thinking about you too, wondering if there's any news - checking the baby photos in the mercury....

And I am totally envious of that whiteboard. Not sure what's more appealing, the fact that you're so organised to have it, or all those jobs being crossed off - super effort either way!

Tania said...

Don't forget to breathe in the still Mum! And hope your Puncture Lady (as the kid's call mine) comes through with the onset of an uber breezy labour...

JasperBoy said...

Loving those bloomers!!

Jen in Melbourne

Kylie said...

This will be the most prepared-for bub in history I think :) Had a great giggle about Adelaide's cooking hat - too cute. Good luck! K

Leonie Guld said...

It was recommended to me from a elderly relly that a "good vigorous rumble in the hay should do the trick". Well I'll leave that one up to you!! Good luck

Little Snoring said...

I am told eating and entire packet of mint slices can bring on labour...
not sure if it works, but might be worth a try.

Love the cooking hat - too cute

Black Eyed Susie said...

Good luck and thanks for the congrats on my little boy! I've heard acupuncture works so maybe you have a little one by now!

Carrion Marionette said...

I hope it all goes well. I have a friend who was due a few days ago and still has not met her little boy yet. She pre-booked the acupuncturist a few days before she was due just in case! I think its going to come in handy :)

Joanne said...

Nice button tin!
When expecting my first, I was so sure I would be overdue that I bought a 2000 piece jigsaw to start on my due date. The theory was that doing the puzzle would distract me from being too impatient. Of course, my little man came 2 weeks early!!

meg dunley said...

I love that burst of energy that comes right at the end! I hope it all goes well

dropstitch said...

Thanks for the fantastic gocco goodies you sent for the swap - I love them! Lots of luck with the new arrival. I hope he/she doesn't keep you waiting too much longer.
Laura x

Love Sundays said...

Gorgeous bloomers, they are so cute!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...