Thursday, August 13, 2009

Creative Space - puzzle control

In the spare moments of the past week when the thought of any form of house cleaning has been more disheartening than usual (given the seemingly fruitless nature of my efforts) I've started reclaiming the spare room as a 'sewing space' (our bedroom now seems palatial and Tim looks extra pleased with the new arrangement).

So far it has been used for further experimental nappy making and working on some puzzle storage bags. I've already made a stack of these bags for our puzzles , this latest lot is for our playgroup. Everything is cut out (using thrifted fabric & zips plus some clear plastic). Four down...........


.........quite a few yet to go!


Need some inspiration/escapism, check out more creative spaces this-a-way.

17 comments:

Selina said...

great idea!

Amanda said...

Oh yes I so get the disheartened house cleaning thing. Seems I am forever doing the same things over and over and over again. Makes me mental some days lol...

Sounds like the reorganizing is a big hit and I am sure will make life easier once it's finished...:)

Kylie said...

Oh wow! I am so very impressed! You must be the queen of the playgroup ;) Fabulous idea - they look divine. K

http://woollywotnots.wordpress.com said...

What a great idea. I love puzzles!

Kirsty said...

That's an excellent idea.

kellie said...

That is one fabulous idea! Puzzles can be so hard to keep tidy.
No more lost pieces either!

Bek said...

We don't have THAT many puzzles on the loose for the very reason they are so hard to keep track of. This is a great idea.

Gina said...

Another great idea from you. I've tried sewing with that plastic but kept getting stuck. Probably need the right foot?

Lucy Bowler said...

The bags are terrific. Any thoughts of a tutorial?!!

Jo (sparkly green knickers) said...

I sooo love this idea! It would, of course, fail to stop my son from emptying them all in a heap on his bedroom floor, but I love that you can see the puzzle inside.

Michelle said...

Do you ever sleep? You're amazing!

Lauren said...

Brilliant idea! When did you find the time?!!

MissyP said...

That is a SUPER idea. Great way to keep them organised.

Cindy said...

Great puzzle idea! I think I will have to make some of those.

Bianca Jae Makes Stuff said...

Great idea! I cringe every time the kids want to play with the puzzles, this would go a long way to solve that. BTW Leo is gorgeous! Congratulations xox

M* (Melanie) said...

That's such a greatidea. Nothing like crafty linked organisation. Double satisfaction guaranteed

dillpickle said...

That's clever! A very good way of keeping puzzle pieces with the appropriate puzzle!

BTW, if you're breastfeeding you NEED choc chip bikkies ;-) You don't want to fade away there!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...