Thursday, August 27, 2009

Creative Space - sanity pack

Honestly there has not been much on the creative front around here. I've found another use for the puzzle bags, I'm just re-badging them, now they are called "sanity craft bags". During the evening (i.e. relative calm) I can make them up with a craft activity for the kids so when we are all going stir-crazy (or just plain crazy) I can quickly grab one and get them going without having to:

1. Think of an activity (impossible in the heat of THE MOMENT)
2. Find everything we need

This one is ready to go for this afternoons crafting.....threading (apologies for the very busy table cloth)


I'm in count down mode for the end of this winter. I usually like a lot of the things winter brings; snow, woolly jumpers, preserved fruits, hearty soups, winter veggies and of course winter babies. I've enjoyed reading Michelle's 'good things about winter' but really now I'm over it. This winter I've seen too much RAIN. I know we needed it blah, blah, blah, but now I need some sun. Some sun to dry out the muddles (as Max calls them) .

There are only so many times you want to pile 3 kids into the car to go somewhere warm & dry to wear them out! I want to be able to send them out into the yard to play again, I also want to get the cubbyhouse parked in our driveway into the back yard without getting bogged!


On the up side there has been much scone making and jam eating. This was our last jar of jam made from our plums (we still have lots of jam made from other folks fruit).


However the promise of spring and more plums is in the air....


More spacers over here.

12 comments:

Kirsty said...

Sanity packs are fabulous!

dillpickle said...

I am so in awe of your brain function so soon after having a baby! Sanity packs are an incredibly smart idea :-)

Kylie said...

Great sanity pack! Great idea too :) K

Gina said...

You. Are. Amazing. Can you come over here and give me mothercraft lessons???!

Lauren said...

Love the sanity packs! My girls are a bit stir crazy too with this weather... we're hanging out for spring!

Nikki Cardigan said...

What a FABULOUS idea. I love it! You are right, Spring is in the air so hang in there.

Liesl (Hoppo Bumpo) said...

Ah yes ... bring on spring post-haste! A bit of sun and mild weather wouldn't go astray here either. It sounds like you have had a brainwave though ... your sanity craft packs are a really brilliant idea. I like the look of the threading bag. It looks fun!

elk said...

love
this
activity!
...

Christina Lowry said...

I remember threading things and making necklaces and decorations for Christmas! We used to use food dye to colour the pasta and end up with multi coloured hands.

I love seeing a fruit tree in bloom. The promise of fruit. yum yum yum...

:)

Lucy Bowler said...

Sanity packs are the go - I think I need some here - in all shapes and sizes!!

Nikki Cardigan said...

Hey Angie, I want to reply to a comment you left me but I can't find your email. If you're happy to, can you please email me so I can reply... Thanks, Nikki xx

Sherrin said...

I'm loving this idea. I might have to try something similar. And as for rain... please send some Melbourne way. People are complaining about our rain after a couple of days, but we need so much more.

How good is plum jam... I just rediscovered my jam stash from last summers fruit. How could I have forgotten it?!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...