Monday, October 5, 2009

Day 5 - Our front door

Karin came up with this weeks eye spy theme - My font door (hosted of course by the amazingly productive Cindy).

I was pleased that there was not the usual pile of boots at the front door when I went out to take this photo (they are all out the back door!) Our door is in-keeping with the rest of our 60's built house, a ridged glass door with glass panels on the sides. We added the ghastly screen door, mostly to keep the kids in & the flies out in summer, and to deter half-hearted thieves (if you really tried you would get in).

The typewriter is for leaving messages but in reality is usually filled with messages from the smalls, stuff like;

lasd98yefwnelijnsdocakkkkkkkkkkkkkkkksd;l....
333333333333333333333333333,,,,,,,,,,,mmmmmm



My favourite part about entering our house is the recently installed 'sunny boy' which gives the reading of how much solar power our roof panels are feeding into the grid, unfortunately there has not been much of late but the days are getting longer and the rain seems to be slowing.

6 comments:

Gina said...

That typewriter idea - pure genius! I love it! You're very inventive, you lot.

rabbit and the duck said...

I'm also loving the typewriter idea! How nice it would be to come home to a sweet little message : )

Kylie said...

Oh wow! A Sunnyboy! How cool is that! We have the solar panels guy coming tomorrow to check out our roof - so excited! LOVE the typewriter by the door idea too - inspired genius! and I laughed out loud at the kids' messages - so remember those days :) K

Tricia said...

I love your typewritter idea...Lovely!

I also love your Sunnyboy. I've managed to convince my hubby we need solar panels..am so excited.

dillpickle said...

Yep, the typewriter for messages at the front door? I love it too!!

Bek said...

Yep, the type writer idea is awesome. I think I would need to concrete it down like grandad used to do with his garden gnomes though.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...