Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Day 6 - Op hop - PART I

The weather has delayed my parents trip to Maatsuyker Island (they will be there for the next 4 months as the caretakers) so Mum & I ( and the the smallest smalls) did an op-shop-hop yesterday......thriftiness runs in the family!

Here is some of the goodness we bought home...I'll save some for another post (that way I may actually make it through blogtoberfest). Some teak bowls...I love these and am rapidly gaining quite a collection;


this threading game (it is like a wedge of Swiss cheese);


And for one of my favourite, favourite, favourite ever thrifted games;


honestly I would have bought it for the box alone.


But fortunatley most of the pieces were still in it....although only one person(perhaps the little princess?). I'm thinking of ordering some little wooden people from Etsy to add build up a cast.


You use the wooden sticks underneath the stage floor to move things around (they are magnetized), I'm not sure who had the most fun!


Thank goodness for op shops on rainy days!

10 comments:

Little Snoring said...

Great scores! I would have bought the theatre for the box alone too!

Cosy said...

The theatre is an ace score! Well done you! Ditto the box!

Selina said...

Wow, that is sooo cute!

Vic @ Punky and Me said...

OMG I am SO going to make one of those magnetic theatres!! (Would have preffered to find one at an oppy mind you, but you scored that bit of thrifty luck lol)

Nikki Cardigan said...

I laughed that the Magnetic Theatre got three "favourite"s! It is very cool and some new actors from Etsy sounds like a great idea.

Liesl (Hoppo Bumpo) said...

That theatre is op shop gold. Its wonderful!

Michelle said...

That is one fantastic score - the theatre looks like so much fun, and the teak bowls are lovely!

Tricia said...

Those bowls are gorgeous! and that game - what a find!

I'm glad someone else is dividing their posts ;-) I've decided thats the only way i'll make it.

Lauren said...

Oh that is op shop GOLD!! Great find!

hanna said...

Great finds! That little theatre is fabulous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...