Monday, January 18, 2010

Twenty 10 sewing


I love the
Oliver + S patterns and have been wanting to make the 2+2 blouse ever since it arrived in the mail (so many moons ago). Finally I made this one for Adelaide....


as you can see I took the photos after a day of play, with her little shaping still visible.
It is a great cover-up top (from the ferocious Tassie sun - I'm serious) and best of all she announces to everyone that it "is not a sharing one" (the pitfalls of being able to share a wardrobe with your 6 month old brother!)

Now what else can I use some of that spotty fabric for?

I think I mentioned I'm not a New Year resolutions type, I do like the sound of a few goals.

Goals, they just sound so much less .....well resolute!

I'll list a few of my sewing goals soon. Well I'll try, that's the thing with goals, to me they are something to work towards, not a strict plan of attack.

12 comments:

Nikki Cardigan said...

It's gorgeous Angie.

clare's craftroom said...

That is so pretty .

Jo's Place said...

That is so pretty.

Christina Lowry said...

Such a sweet top! I love the fabrics too. I brought that orchid one too for a quilt, but it looks better as a top I think! I am very interested in reading your sewing goals. I try to fit in sewing when I can, but it is hard with my inquisitive one year old! When do you find the time? :)

Tricia said...

Gorgeous top. I've been wanting to make some more light long sleeve tops for summer for my daughter. I love the look of this one. Thanks.

Juddie said...

This is adorable - a perfect fabric choice!

Leonie Guld said...

Oooo...I Love it. I did the birthday dress not long ago so I am fully aware of the time you have put into that little top. Fantastic effort!!!

Miss Sews-it-all said...

I just love the Oliver + S patterns, and hope to find time to sew up a few of them this summer for my little one. That is such a sweet top!

Cindy said...

i don't think you can go wrong with o+s, the top is so sweet, I am not surprised she doesn't want to share

Lulu said...

I love the blouse, and is it easier to do up from the back on a wriggly girl? and they can't take it off when you aren't looking.

It's so true about the Tassie sun. It IS ferocious at times. Not good for fair skinned people like me. I even made up a sun proof sleeve to pop on when I'm driving.

Joanne said...

Very sweet little top!

Kate Bruning said...

That is completely and utterly breath taking. Now if only I could get my boys to wear something like that. My three year old might but I am sure my six year old would tell him it is for girls sadly!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...