It's been a while since I started & finished a project in a single day. This has mostly been due to a long spell of broken sleep (thanks to some oh-so-slow to appear 2 year molars). It was nice to not get half way through something & then have to balance it on the unfinished projects pile!
Last week Adelaide spotted this singlet at the op shop and asked if I could make a stripey dress for her baby-doll. I gave her the $1 to pay for it as she likes to collect receipts. It was not until we got home I realised the potential of this rather ordinary singlet. It is 100% cotton knit.
I started by snipping a hole in the neckband & threading some elastic around to draw it in.
Then I stitched & cut the sides down like so....
A quick dress that I was pretty pleased with until Addie tried it on to promptly declare "it's got no pockets!" Hmmm, such gratitude.
The reality is though that every outfit has to have at least one pocket to be deemed acceptable. And given all the smalls have a runny nose at the moment (the runny nose that just keeps on giving!) pockets are very handy for storing the hankies in. Then I realised the pieces I had cut off could be used to make some pockets, so I cut them like so:
And stitched them onto the front after a bit of unpicking along the side seams.
I now have a very satisfied little one who keeps muttering "thanks for those pockets"
Now to go and tackle something from the towering unfinished projects pile
or perhaps I'll just grab a cup of tea & check out what others are up to over at kootoyoo.....