Thursday, March 4, 2010

I feel like a squirrel

There has been much preserving and squirreling away of summer produce of late.

With much help from my folks who have been staying with us the last couple of weeks I've filled the freezer with pesto and the pantry with jams, roast tomato passata and bottled fruit. There has barely been any bench space with bowls, boxes and bags of fruit filling the kitchen.

We've had strawberries....

strawberries, strawberries, strawberries

blackberries.....


blackberries

apricots....

apricots

and ohhh so many plums!

plums

I'm finishing off the last bowl of greengage plums for jam and have a whole stockpot filled with stewed plums for making fruit leathers and then THAT IS IT [until the pears come on at least].

Hopefully there are no catastrophes on the horizon or we'll be forced to live in the garage eating jam & fruit, watching the children on one gigantic sugar kick!

And there's also the question of what to do with these.....

zuccs

note yet another bucket of plums down in the corner!

12 comments:

Christina said...

Oooh wow! Look at all those berries. Yum yum yum! I have yet to make my own jam but I would really love to.

:)

Gina said...

I want to live at your house! What a harvest... amazing.

Shar said...

Mmmmmm I can almost smell the yummie strawberries! :)~

Leonie Guld said...

between you and I, If I see another plum, zucchini, or tomato this year I think I will lose the PLOT!!

Lulu said...

Imagine how much you would pay for those blackberries in the supermarket. Eeeek!

pen said...

i HAVE to get a deep freeze. NOW!!!!
it all looks amazing, esp those berries.....

Jo's Place said...

I'm so very jealous of all that fruit, you must have one amazing pantry ;0)

One Flew Over said...

Those berries...hmmm how delish!

Victoria said...

I honestly cannot believe how productive you are Ange, don't tell me you grow all of those goods. You honestly put me to shame - I haven't got into preserving yet, but it's on the list. I remember highlights of the Royal Melbourne Show growing up were the preserved fruits, lit so beautifully from behind, all organised so amazingly.

hanna said...

wow, you're making me feel like I need to do some more now :)
I'm jealous of those blackberries!

Joanne said...

Oh my, what a yummy lot of fruit & veg. Makes my harvests look a tad sad. The berries are just amazing! (I'm gonna fit a berry patch in here somewhere.....)

Sarah said...

WOW all those goodness is fantastic! We are still trying to get through last years jams etc. This year we have managed to eat fresh.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...