Friday, July 2, 2010

French goodness

I love getting mail

*that's not a bill*

Perhaps it's to do with having something arrive from the outside world as we are not leaving our place on a daily basis at the moment. The smalls are more & more requesting to "just stay at home ALL DAY". This is particularly obvious towards the end of the week when everyone is a bit over the to-ing & fro-ing of grocery shopping, playgroups, 'school' (Max's pre-kinder sessions at the local community house), visiting & park outings. They just want to stay & play with their own things, dig around in the sandpit, stay in their PJ's & generally chill. It's a good thing really, just hard to juggle with my desire to get out & away from the mountain of washing in the laundry. Evidence of today's stay at home request......


I'm still a believer in leave-them-alone if they are leaving me alone

Anyhow I digress...

Last week a package arrived from good friends living
overseas. It was good to hear of their latest adventures & see pics of their babe (growing up so fast on that Parisian spring atmosphere). The package was also bursting with these replacement rubber preserving rings for all the Le Parfait jars I have collected over the years.



I'm glad I'm not the only Hobartian providing safe haven for these fabulous old jars. The craft bits& bobs have been evicted from the jars with no seals...


& they are destined to join the rest of the jars....


So sending out a big thank you to Franki for hitting the cobblestones to find these for me.

* Someone did point out (with equal parts amazement & disbelief) that I had a personal-shopper in Paris & had only requested some rings for a load of old jars.

The smalls love the little mouse & have written little thank you notes. In case my slackness continues & I never actually post these to you, here they are....




6 comments:

ecoMILF said...

I am also a firm believer in letting them alone if they're letting you alone. My little one still wants to go out all the time, I suppose being the only child (for only a few more weeks!) is part of it. He longs to socialize. I can't wait until he is more content to stay at home in his PJs. Looks like a lovely package from overseas. I am expecting one from my Mama next week- can't wait! xo m.

Christina said...

Oh, how wonderful. I do like the idea of a personal shopper in Paris. But when you just want to stay at home, why not make those special things in your nest just perfect.

The hand written notes are just so lovely too. :)

Michelle said...

Enjoy those stay at home days while you can! I feel like I've been racing around all week and can't wait for a day at home.

Parfait ubber rings from your personal shopper in Paris - a girl after my own heart!

Gina said...

Oh yes, parent from a distance, I'm all about that. In theory. My eldest is always keen for 'participation'. Sigh.

I LOVE that you were just after the rings. What a dag. Was there at least a croissant sequestered in there somewhere?!

PS I am so, so moving over to your house and nicking your yard! I think we'll bite the bullet and find somewhere to rent next year that has at least a little one. Small kids need it.

Cindy said...

I always love the happy mail too, they really do just send too many bills in the mail that really ruin the joy of the post too easily. We are having a few home days, but mine are usually busting to get out and in it.

Lauren said...

I can, as you know, completely relate to asking for rubber rings. They are special indeed. We've had many at home days this winter too, and I expect there will be many more... and I may just find my way through mount washmore... *sigh*

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...