Thursday, July 22, 2010

My Creative Space - ice cream social

Having a creative space seems to be a constant battle here but I did sign up to this sew-a-long and have so far managed to almost finish my first ice cream top (hemming & button still to be stitched on). I made Adelaide a size 2 and it fits perfectly (she's pretty small for her age). A great top to wear over long sleeves in winter & perfect for covering up shoulders in summer. I can see me making many more of these in the years to come.



The bird fabric was from a bunch of op shop curtains I found a few years ago....one of my favourites that I plan to use more of soon.

More spaces (every week there seem to be more & more!) over at Kristy's

& now back to the morning mission of seeing if the rug is still there under all the paper, books, sultanas, toys, lounge cushions, discarded clothing, shoes & hopefully my camera!

6 comments:

Bianca said...

Stunning! you've such an eye for matching fabrics.

xB

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

that is beautiful- I love the fabric!

byebyebirdie said...

I love your fabric choices. Great versatile outfit for summer & winter

74 Lime Lane said...

this is so beautiful, I like the darker colours, it gives it such ... elegance, I think

Mama Mogantosh said...

I really love this. Lovely summer top. Good sleevies!

Amy (badskirt) said...

This colour combination looks so good together.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...