Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Granny Square sewing

Can't crochet? Can't be bothered to crochet?


Fabric to be sewn up into some spring clothing (it was Spring yesterday, it's winter today).
Granny square print fabric from Spoonflower.


The requests from my girl are coming thick & fast!

Despite it looking like I'm increasing the fabric collection I'm actually having a major clear out & am busy decluttering. Currently it appears that I'm just creating a bigger mess as everything is pulled from cupboards & sorted into piles (& piles & piles) but bags have been dropped to the op shop, bundles have been sold off on ebay, parcels have been posted, & the keeping piles are being repacked. It is not often I feel this ruthless so I'm taking advantage of the situation.

8 comments:

Vic said...

EEK!

That fabric is AWESOME! I can't really crochet OR be bothered with granny squares lol - oh how I love it!

I hear you on the was spring now winter thing... Phooey! I decided to try to ignore the cold & focus on the sun with a swap on my blog... wanna play?! No pressure or anything... *whistles* I don't even care anyway... I can totally swap on my own... *sniffle* ;)

I felt all energised to clean & declutter when the sun was out, but have given up again now, so go you while you still can!

Bellgirl said...

Oooh that's just what I need- I'm really struggling to learn to crochet!

Thanks for dropping in to see my garden- and isn't Karkalla awesome! If you're in melbourne in summer they usually open both gardens for the Open GArden Scheme.

I thought I'd reply in a comment, because when I try to reply to your comments I get a blogger no-reply address. Cheerio!

little green village said...

Hi 3 red buttons!
Thanks for visiting my blog!
I had already discovered your blog a couple of weeks ago and love it.
I love your creativity find it very inspirational.
I and am looking forward to being more creative in my own green life.....

Two Tuesdays said...

AWESOME fabric. Love it! I know what you mean about the mess of decluttering. Every morning I wake up and have to remind myself that I'll feel so much better when I've got through it (followed by an enormous don't stop here, you have to finish this, pep talk).

melinda said...

I LOVE that fabric!

Gina said...

That is amazing! Clearly made for a yarnophobe like me.

Now you asked for tips on artisan bread. Scratching head a bit... nothing comes to mind... hmmm, definitely get yourself a wooden pizza peel and use a pizza stone. I've tried adding wholemeal flour into the master dough and it's still really good. Anyway, we can chat further once you've had a go.

Oh, and I recommend NOT making the brioche dough unless you would like to grow ENORMOUSLY FAT.

Vic said...

Psst... need your email addy sweetness, you can either leave it on my blog or email me through my profile. :)

Maxabella said...

This fabric is fab. I'm seeing a gorgeous little summer A-line skirt peering out at me. x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...