Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Op shop goodness

There are some who may suggest that we already have enough

:: sewing machines in our house


:: bikes in our shed


:: vintage sheets in our linen cupboard


:: and suitcases for storing various collections


They would of course be wrong

All of this goodness for $35.

The sewing machine is off to see Bill the retired sewing machine repairman/enthusiast for a service & general look over. The pedal bike is for a 'Dad & son' bike maintenance project and then a summer of bike riding/crashes/near misses & pedal brake skids. The sheets will probably be chopped up for sewing PJ's. The suitcase will be used to store all the random clothing I've been collecting for refashioning projects, like that stripey knit sitting on top of the suitcase.

And the reinforcements arrive tonight in the form of my parents so I have a to do list as long as my arm(s) of projects I want to try & get done [sans little people]

I hope they bring a little spring weather with them!

14 comments:

littlegreenvillage said...

My very first sewing machine when I learnt to sew when I was 10 looked quite like the one you bought! Great buy!

kelly said...

They are genius finds! It is so hard to leave something good behind in an op shop, even if you don't need it.

Gina said...

What a great haul, and I have no doubt that it will all be wisely used at your house. Eventually!

PS love the new blog header. And by 'new', I mean that's the first I've seen of it, so I hope it hasn't actually been months since I've dropped by outside of google reader!

the textured leaf said...

Fantastic finds. I want the suitcase!
Im a bit obsessed with blue around here. When I took my new/old machine to the repairman, (which I thought was a great find as it was a Singer) he promptly told me to visit the dump on the way home.

Kate said...

Amazing bargains!!

Maxabella said...

All such fantastic stuff. Those sheets would make some lovely little girl dresses you know. Not just for beds!! I hope the repairman can fix that little beauty too. x

Plain and Joyful Living said...

What wonderful finds and a beautiful sewing machine.

Green Mama said...

Thanks for the recipe- sorry saying thanks through comments but can't figure out how to thank you directly through email, especially this late at night! OK, so it's not even half past 9, but I spend my days with two small cherubs. Enough said.

marycath06 said...

I just love upcycling projects like your idea of making vintage sheets into pjs! If I could sew I would make so many things! For now I stick to painting things I find to make them new again!

Andy said...

I have just found your blog today and I love it! It's nice to know I am not the only op shop addict! I hope you don't mind I have put a link on my blog to yours!

eva mei and me said...

I love that sewing machine, I sure wish I had the old one that my Nan taught me to sew on when I was little.

Umatji said...

oh never enough bikes, sheets or suitcases I reckon - not sure on the machine - looks beautiful but I am not so fixy - does it work?
We are on the hunt for a bike with pedals for our boy - the verge needs to be trawled!

Sherrin said...

That is amazing! I can't believe you came away with so much goodness for so little!!

Heart Felt said...

Loving that suitcase, what a great colour. x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...