Thursday, October 21, 2010

My Creative Space -


My overlocker(serger)-catcher-thingy overfloweth....



The space next to my sewing machine now looks nothing like this mornings photo.
It's now piled high with half finished projects.
This is the normal state of that little space between the laptop & the sewing machine.


Despite my best efforts everyone in the house is getting about with little bits of thread hanging off them, there seems to be an explosion of fabric all over the sewing room floor house and many an evening is spent cutting out on the dining room table.

It's all in preparation for the next market I'm doing here in December.
I'm trying to have half the things I make for boys who seem to always miss out.


Of course most of the stuff is pretty unisex, like this little leopard shirt

but there has been a bit of stuff just for girls (using up some vintage covered buttons & the always beautiful to work with wool felt from here)


Plenty of distractions for me over here.

9 comments:

Christina said...

Awww, I love those pants! You can't go past stripy pants for boys I think. Good luck with the sewing and the market!

:)

spectacularfairywren said...

Thanks fo thinking of the boys! Love those stripies. Love the hairclips too!

Caroline said...

Ah yes, I just posted about sewing for the boys. I really love those shorts you have made there, cute with the button detail. I do try to keep my cotton trails to the soles of the socks of my family, less embarasing when you head out in public!

Cindy said...

Oh angie, I really love the stuff you are making. The striped pants are so cute and the little clips are sweet as a 'button'

Gina said...

I am loving your market gear so much Angie. When are these markets on? Might have to send an in-law along...

Gina said...

Ps re being pregnant, when I found out I wanted to email you to have a laugh given your comment about similar quandaries. (but realized you don't have an email attached to your blog and didn't want to blab it in a comment!)

Kate said...

LOVE those pants!
As a mother of only girls I have such a thing for little boys clothes. Weird.

pen said...

i love what you're up to. i too am covering my dining room table with fabric and threads even as i type this!

Hannah said...

Even days after sewing,you'll still see little bits of thread stuck all over the place here!
Beautiful clippies too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...