Thursday, November 11, 2010

My Creative Space - letter storage




Having all our family living interstate the smalls are amassing a collection of letters, these are currently stuffed into various shelves, bags or pockets. In an effort to keep them all together I'm making up some simple letter storage bags.

I've already made a few of these for an upcoming market so it is nice to be doing some sewing for the restless natives.


I've also been sewing up some cushion covers, so nice & quick after sewing girls dresses for weeks now. These are also for my next market in December but I'll be happy if they don't sell as then I won't have to make any more for our place! The print is from the very talented Kristen Doran and I've had lots of practice using invisible zips now....time for a summer skirt I think.


More creative spaces over this way.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

The cushions are gorgeous! Such lovely fabric. I love the idea for the letter storage.

xx

beck said...

Cute idea for the mail, won't the kids love that? I love a bit of old fashioned letter writing..there should be more of it. Your cushions are beautiful too, haven't you been busy?! xo

Kylie said...

I love that print - the cushions look fantastic! Also, very much loving those white vases in your header :)) Kx

Bellgirl said...

What a gorgeous cushion! I'm a bit spooked by the idea of invisible zips but I think I might give it a shot.

Caroline said...

Oh how cute - a mail pocket! Such a great idea. Nice work with the zip too, soooooo neat.

Two Tuesdays said...

I'd love a mail pocket... especially if it meant I could get some non-bill mail...

Hey, is that an ironing board in your super gorgeous header picture? I saw one in the oppy yesterday and seriously contemplated purchasing it for a vignette table in the entry way. But then realised that I despise ironing and wouldn't like a daily reminder of my distinct lack of domestic goddessness.

Heart Felt said...

That print is gorgeous...love it. x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...