Monday, March 7, 2011

Getting away

After only one week of Kinder I was ready for a break. I can see why parents with school children look forward to the holidays (except perhaps for those working who need to organise other care). Max seems to be going fine with Kinder, although it is hard to get any real information out of him at the end of the day. I like the little school we decided to send him to, even though I still have moments of doubt (mostly about the fact we need to drive to it *GROAN* and my belief that the long hours children eventually spend in school are more to do with allowing parents to work than what they need to learn).

Thanks to friends getting married we got the break we all needed and headed up the east coast of Tasmania in a gigantic hired-campervan. Despite this gloomy picture we actually had great weather for the rest of the week.


The wedding was fantastic. Gorgeous location, great food, perfect weather, kid-friendly (which was handy considering they were suddenly everywhere) & very relaxed. Plus we managed to find a very capable babysitter for later in the evening. The following day was spent down at the beach. Leo was very concerned about the fact we left our shoes on the beach while swimming. Here he is hollering to Tim about his forgotten shoes.


We then headed off on our own adventures, lounging about with grey nomads, eating fresh crayfish, lolling about in rock pools, fishing, evening walks and hanging out on the beach.


We are back into the Kinder routine now but thankfully there is a long weekend of camping coming up to keep me going.

3 comments:

Two Tuesdays said...

I absolutely agree with you about needing a break from the monotony of school routing (and we are pre-schooling dropouts; not even big school yet!)

I have a theory that school is as long as it is so that the grown ups can go to work for enough hours to pay the taxes to pay for the long school hours.

Camping looks fantastic. So envious. That water is Barbados blue. Gorgeous.

Umatji said...

I so agree with the kinder head! I am so suffering it. Today, we arrived and when W realised that a possum had stolen his slipper he just cried and after a few attempts the teacher and I agreed that he was just not really up for it today so off we went and have had a lovely day as a family instead. I love kinda - I am just way to greedy for my kids - what can we do? I want to run away from it all! do you think we will recover????

fifi said...

sounds divine! i can't wait till my 3 month old can yell at us about leaving our shoes behind! for now she's yelling at us about the arrival of an extra early tooth!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...