Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Right now :: Apples


Apples harvested from a generous neighbours tree ( the hard part is picking apples whilst entertaining 3 smalls after their enthusiasm for picking has worn....5 minutes into the excursion)

peeling (with the aid of a clamp as the suction piece on the bottom worked for about 3 minutes)

peels for smalls + chooks + compost


Apples for juicing, drying, baking, yet more applesauce & fruit leather


Dried apples for storage when the fresh supply runs out


fruit leather made from apple sauce & various other bits & pieces from the freezer/fruit bowl. This lot contains applesauce, zucchini and plums I stewed & froze in summer


I've not entirely forgotten about the quinces
their day will come, hopefully soon before the rot sets in


6 comments:

Hootnz said...

wow! that is awesome that you managed to accomplish all this with your kiddies in tow, inspiring

Maxabella said...

What a wonderful life you lead, Angie. This post is so heartwarming. So delicious. I'd love a recipe for that fruit leather if you ever get a moment! x

Donna T said...

How do you do the fruit leather? I have just brought a dehydrator and would love to get that a try. Thank you. I am a new follower of your blog, really enjoying it xx.

Umatji said...

yum! we have just finished the last lot of our dried apples from last year. need to do another batch. how did you do the fruit leather? I alwasy thought it would drip through the drying layers?

Michelle said...

Amazing Ange! You're an inspiration!

I've been making Flo Beers pickled quinces, from Maggie's Harvest book. Quite easy and delish. let me know if you'd like the recipe.

I've had it with tomatoes too, ripping the last plant out this week myself. And will get around to planting the garlic, this weekend for sure!

pen said...

recipes - yes please! i want a dehydrator immediately!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...