Friday, July 8, 2011

And bump makes 6



One of the reasons for less blogging of late has been the getting-ones-head-around the fact we are soon to be a family of 6. What started out as shock (yes we do know how such things happen) turned into a dawning reality of the practicalities (a new car, replacing all those baby things we had given away, going back to the joys/trials of early baby days) to the now building excitement in the house over 'the new baby'.

Max is looking forward to being old enough to look after the baby while I go out (??)*

Adelaide is looking forward to having a sister called Rosie (??)**

Leo likes to pat my expanding tummy proudly exclaiming 'bubba'
, while carrying his own bubba around most of the day


* if only!

** we don't know if it is a girl or boy and either way I can safely say Rosie is not on the list!


So the new car (can you call a van a car?) has been bought, we plot various other ventures that seem less and less likely to happen before the baby arrives, just little things like a new kitchen and putting together a mountain of IKEA cabinets that are currently filling our garage (the garage that the new car could never hope to fit into!)

Despite all the madness, or perhaps because of it, I've been attempting to simplifying life a bit and get some better rhythms in place before the real chaos begins. Some days it feels like it's working, other days I wonder aloud if the chaos could actually increase?

This post brought to you with the aid of:

:: playdough

:: a quick-eze

:: a napping little one

:: dinner in the slow-cooker

:: a pot of tea

:: the ability to overlook various piles of washing, paperwork, books, fabric, kids-crafting projects, dishes and the like

:: fresh flowers on the windowsill....somewhere for my eyes and mind to take refuge from the general chaos of the rest of the house.


19 comments:

Leigh @ Toasted said...

Oh, congratulations! I love how your facing the ensuing arrival, with realism and a healthy sense of humour. I;m sure there'll be tricky moments - but lots and lots of love!

small catalogue said...

Congratulations! How very very exciting! Such a beautiful frame of mind in which to prepare for this sweet new arrival.

Michelle said...

Wow! Congratulations! I am so happy for you and your family. Hope all the plans fall into place at just the right time.

Christina said...

Congratulations! Wishing you all the best for your pregnancy and getting used to the new size of your family. :)

Victoria said...

Congratulations you! If I'm completely honest you took my breath away, but that's only because I couldn't manage 4 babes. However, you Ange, you make it look happy, easy, uncomplicated and fun so I have no doubt it will be quadrupally (plus 2 more) wonderful.

Zara said...

Best wishes to you. What an exciting time it must be in your household.
Zara

Sarah said...

You can do it Angie!!!!

Hootnz said...

Congrats, coming from a mom of 4, its definately busy... but so worth it and I wouldn't trade it for anything... I am loving having my lil girl, we are all having so much fun as a family, it has added a whole new dynamic to this family.... enjoy! :)

Kristy said...

CONGRATULATIONS! (lovely belly pic)

Re the 'wonder if the chaos could possibly increase' comment. It's a bit like that at times and I only have 4 on the Earth (1 in the stars) but throw in some chooks and husband and the silly amount of 'stuff' that fills our head in the lives we lead and yep, I reckon plenty of us 'get it'.

I actually think we're not meant to live in cities and that's half the problem lol but oh well.

best of best wishes
xo

Umatji said...

oh how exciting and if you can manage to take it in the wry and humourous way i mean it - how horrifying! But mainly exciting and wonderful. I LOVE the photo of your four babies. biggest love and will follow the adventure while sending you many good thoughts
x

fifi said...

oh my goodness! congratulations! what an inspiration - here we are battling to think how we'll handle a second one, let alone a fourth one! wow - you are ummm, one of those BIG families! it sounds so awesome in theory - not sure i could do as good a job as i know you are going to do! you should get the kids to take control of the blog between baby sitting, belly rubbing and name choosing :)

Kate said...

Hooray!!! So very exciting indeed. Big huge congratulations. x

jodi said...

I admire your sense of calm as you journey towards being a mum a of 4. It's just what I needed to read right now (currently awaiting number 2). Adorable blog by the way x

Gina said...

Wow. WOW! I'm kind of gobsmacked. Not as much as you were, I'm guessing :). Right now I'm so in love with my third bubba I am wondering how I can really say this is the last... and we're 'never saying never'... but you're actually doing it! My love and prayers for you. You'll be awesome. You've got the goods.

Littlegreenvillage said...

Congratulations! What a lovely little family to be born into!

Leonie @ Cuppa and Cake said...

Oh...what fantastic news!! So..."4 red buttons?""

bec said...

wow, amazing news! Leo is looking gorgeous with his bubba strapped on him! I'm sure you'll make it looks fun and easy as usual, can't wait till the end of the pregnancy to know what it is!

Tricia said...

Yay!! Congratulations! That is very exciting news. take care x t.

Mama Mogantosh said...

Four little buttons! How absolutely .lovely. Hope the pregnancy rolls forward with only the smallest of 'inconveniences' and nothing more strugglish.... So happy for you Ange. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...