Thursday, November 10, 2011

more baby pants


It seems a long time since I took part in 'Creative Spaces', mostly as I have not had the time to make much or I have not had the time to browse around all the other creative spaces.

Them's the breaks I guess.

But with the outbreak of warm sunny weather since my last post, there has been a need for summer baby pants, the kind where toes may wiggle freely.

Everyone has been enjoying the bare feet, or bare bodies that warm weather herald.


The pattern is this one with a few modifications for a bit more room in the seat for cloth nappies and the waistband from a cotton/elastine t-shirt rather than elastic for a more comfy feel...it's more of the shirt from my last round of baby sewing. The rest of the pants are made from vintage cotton sheets, nice and soft against baby skin.

Now to see if I can get some of the various sized shorts sewn up while this weather holds out!

Some more creative spaces over this-a-way

12 comments:

Rachael said...

Love those baby pants! And the model. xxx

Hootnz said...

very cute pants... and even more adorable baby.... really that face he's making at the camera, very cute. Oh and I totally agree with the comfy waistband :)

Sarah said...

Oh R is just georgeous! My he is growing!!! To quick young ma - tooooo quick.

Fay said...

So cute! (The pants and the little model).

Pam said...

Cute little pants. Love the way you've done the comfy waistband.

MissMollyCoddle said...

Too cute! Love the fabrics :)

tartankiwi said...

These look great! Love the comfy waistband, so much better than nasty elastic that cuts in.
Thanks for dropping by my blog.

Anastasia said...

Oh, they are adorable!

sascedar said...

what a fab idea for the waistband! i am so copying you, some vintage floral versions for my wee girl i think!

Kirsten said...

They're lovely pants - they look very comfy too! What an adorable little fella :)
Thanks for popping by my blog.

Cat from Raspberry Rainbow said...

Fabulous baby pants! They really are gorgeous, one lucky baby (he is gorgeous too!)

Allana said...

Love these pants! So cute! I also love those retro baby bouncers, I have one stashed for our maybe baby no 2 :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...